Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Contact Sheet Design Rationale


In this project, I used a variety of images to create several perspectives of each image in a contact sheet.
I wasn't really hoping to achieve anything about how good it looked, I just wasnted to do it correctly and get a grasp on the basics to photoshop.
Some of the variations included higher/lower resolution pictures, adding colored tints or black and white affects, close-ups and wide angle shots, abstract views of an image, and photos with various photoshop effects used on it.
What I found to be most challenging was altering the resolution to crop the pictures to the right size, while still making them fit into the contact sheet appropriately. I solved these problems with trial and error, but mostly got some help from classmates.
What I am most proud of would probably just be finishing the assignment correctly. As a photoshop novice, I didnt really know what I was doing at first, but after a little practice I got the hand of it fairly well.
If I was allowed more time, the one thing I would probably do differently would be to experiment more with color, saturation, and other basic effects to get a better feel for them.
There were 6 different pictures used in all, and 23 pictures after editing. The contact sheet shows just a sample of how you can show different perspectives of a picture using photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment