Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Font Poem Design Rationale


In the font poem project, I was hoping to convey my chosen quote in a visual attractive way while also trying to make the layout appropriate for the quote. To do so, I used a variety of fonts and sizes. I made certain words larger to emphasize them, and also used effects like "skew" and "warp" to change the position and layout of the word to alter its appearance.

I found that the most challenging part of this assignment was to get the words sized and positioned in an abnormal fashion that didn't look stupid. I didn't want to just place the words randomly, but I also wanted to make it look kinda funky and abstract. I solved these problems just by trial and error, seeing what looked good and what didn't.

I'm most proud of the quote that i picked and how i conveyed it. I feel my quote strongly relates to me, and I did my best to present the quote in a way that proves the point the quote makes.

If I had more time, I would add some minor graphics, or maybe a few more effects on the letters so there was a little more than just words going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment