Monday, November 9, 2009

Poster Design Rationale


While creating the poster I was trying to promote my event while emphasizing the disco theme, with a slightly humorous approach. I did so by adding the text "Bell Bottoms!" to the poster, to go along with "Disco!" and "Open Bar!" to grab the viewers attention, make them laugh, and check out what the event has to offer.

I found the most challenging aspect of this assignment to be finding the right spots and sizes for the texts and picture. I found it difficult to include everything I wanted to say/show and then organize it in a way that was appealing. I just kind of fooled around with the texts, tried organizing them in different ways until I found something that was spacious and attractive.

There's not really one key thing I'm the most proud of, I'm just happy with the way my poster turned out. I believe I effectively displayed my event, held the disco theme, and added a bit of humor. I know disco isn't popular anymore, but I feel my poster would still catch several peoples' eyes and at least make them laugh - making them remember it.

If I had more time, I think the one thing I would have done would be to give a more attractive background, or maybe just add a few minor graphics to the poster itself. I'm happy with how it looks, but a non-solid black background could have done some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment