Monday, November 9, 2009

PowerPoint Design Rationale

In this portion of my project, I wanted to create an entertaining PowerPoint presentation on the Bee Gees and their prominence in the disco era. I chose a song that I knew most people would recognize, whether they knew it was by the Bee Gees or not, so they would be able to relate to it more.

I found the hardest part of this assignment, by far, was to time the transition of the slides, pictures, and text with the music being played. I overcame these challenges by frequently adjusting the transitions so that they went accordingly with the correct part of the song.

The thing I'm most proud of from this assignment is how I was able to time the slides and effects to go with the rhythm of the song. It took a lot of trial and error, but I was able to figure out the timing and use the transitions effectively.

If I had more time, the one thing I'd do would be to cut down a little bit of the information on a couple slides, so there would be a few extra seconds to read each slide. I had to keep it like it was so the timing with the music would work, making a few of the slide transitions come a little too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment