Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Collage



This assignment really allowed me to display the words and images in any way I desired, not in any set way like a map does. For the most part, I just cut out images of people or things I recognized or liked and put them on randomly in places that i deemed suitable. The theme I recognize the most, and what people seemed to point out, is that the man in the goggles is clearly the focal point, which is what I intended since I thought that picture was the most interesting. Another thing I noticed is that there are a lot of warm colors, apart from the blue in corner. I also see a lot of characters, mostly human, but the two animals as well, giving the collage a little bit of "life."

After reflecting on my collage, I cant really see any major themes besides these. I can tell that I tried to make it look slightly unorganized by putting a few pictures on crooked too. This was partly on purpose, and partly because I was running out of time and wanted to get all of the pictures I liked in place.

4 comments:

  1. This collage leaves a lot to inference which also one to take the images and go in different directions. When I look at this collage, I see a connection between animal and man. The other variables are the different things that affect man and animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this collage a lot. The eyes in the middle with the zebra on top gives it a nice central focus. From their my eyes scattered around the collage but every time i looked at it i saw the goggles on the guy in the middle first. This collage has a lot of action in it giving it a motion like feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing I noticed about this collage was that it seemed to have a focal point (the guy in goggles) and then pictures that almost framed it. I really liked the various words and phrases as well as the warm colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The theme I noticed in your collage was a change in power, time and what is considered artsy. I noticed that you not only added pictures of Lincoln but added words and imagery relating back to your theme. All of these pictures seem to hold true of the theme of time and change.

    ReplyDelete