Thursday, October 7, 2010

Other Map


My original plan was not to do a concept map, but an affinity map. After getting frustrated from not being able to think of good enough topics about the Internet for that, i resorted to a more simple concept map. My map shows what i think are the two most general uses for the internet- for getting information and for amusement. A lot of things fell into "information" that could have had their own category, but for the sake of not having a disorganized mess, I just kept it simple. What gave me the most trouble was just giving each category enough space, since I made the mistake of writing the transition words first, so I had to compensate and branch off a bit.
With this assignment, I tried to think of the different ways in which I use the internet to fill up the map. I decided not to start naming specific websites since that could cause some spacial issues, and I didn't to leave any big ones out. I think i covered most of the basic purposes of internet use, for me at least. I liked this map because the ideas flowed very well, and I was able to just write things down as they came to me, not having to worry about it being wrong.
NOTE:
The part that is cut off at the bottom from social media is "staying in touch" and "meeting new people"

No comments:

Post a Comment